Our V Cert Technical Awards are engaging, vocational qualifications for 14–16-year-olds.
Designed to fit seamlessly alongside core subjects, they’re the same size as GCSEs, and count within the ‘open group’ of Progress 8*. By placing emphasis on coursework and project work, our V Certs provide pupils with opportunities to achieve based on their demonstration of skills and ability, as well as their knowledge.
Why V Certs?
- They count within the ‘open group’ of your school’s Progress 8 measures*.
- V Certs were created in collaboration with industry experts, giving your pupils a feel for real-life workplace scenarios in the classroom.
- Flexible assessment options support pupil achievement, including the opportunity to sit the exam in Year 10 to relieve exam stress in Year 11
- We’ll provide you with a full package of our high-quality, free teaching resources.
- We’ll help get you up and running and support you throughout the year, with continuing professional development (CPD) events tailored to teachers.
- Third-party teaching resources are available to enrich delivery.
*Check our Performance Tables Guide* for more information about which qualifications count towards Progress 8 measures.
Our V Cert Technical Awards come in a wide range of subject areas:
- Health and Fitness
- Business and Enterprise
- Child Development and Care
- Health and Social Care
- Interactive Media
- Graphic Design
- Music Technology
- Art and Design
- Performance Skills.
New for September 2022
We’ve been working on something very exciting. Watch this space for our new and improved V Cert qualifications coming in September 2022!