We’re looking for enthusiastic and dedicated people to join our team of 150+ flexible workers who are already making a positive impact to the experience of our learners.
Our flexible workforce of External Quality Assurers, Examiners and Assessment Associates provide supportive quality assurance to ensure that learners taking NCFE qualifications are getting the best education possible.
If you take up one of these important roles with us, you’ll choose how to fit your work around your other personal and professional commitments – making this a great opportunity to make a difference in a way that suits you.
You'll find our current flexible vacancies below. We’re proud to pay competitive rates and are happy to discuss them with you before you start the application process.
If you have any questions before you apply, please contact us at [email protected]. Please note that we’re unable to accept speculative CVs.
External Quality Assurer (EQA) roles
The role of an EQA
Our EQAs effectively manage the performance of centres in their allocated region to support regulatory compliance and maximise learner achievement. The main duties and responsibilities of the role are to:
- Deliver exceptional service to all NCFE customers, both internal and external
- Carry out quality assurance reviews to centres and make sure that all appropriate systems and procedures meet our requirements. These can include, but are not limited to, Approval, Support or EQA
- Sample centres’ assessment, grading and monitoring procedures as required to ensure that the decisions are in accordance with NCFE’s requirements
- Provide feedback and advice to centres where the criteria aren’t currently met, and where the centre may wish to make further developments in their quality systems
- Complete and submit the EQA Report via online systems within the required timescale
- Attend our training events and conferences
- Assist the Lead EQA in finding suitable portfolios for standardisation
- Organise and deliver bespoke training events as and when required, and produce fit-for-purpose activities for the events.
Who we’re looking for
We’d like our EQAs to:
- Hold or be working towards recognised qualifications in External Quality Assurance
- Have current or recent relevant work experience within the last two to three years
- Meet the occupational competence requirements of the qualification being quality assured, as outlined in the relevant qualification specification
- Be familiar with current information and guidance issued by the current regulators (Ofqual, Qualifications Wales and CCEA Regulation) and by the Department for Education
- Have experience of undertaking quality assurance in a regulated environment
- Have current or recent experience of assessment and quality assurance
- Be willing and able to travel extensively, as required
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be fully committed to ongoing CPD in the occupational area you're working in
- Have access to a PC or laptop with Windows XP or higher, with internet connection
- Hold a full driving licence.
Our EQAs should also:
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be a proactive problem solver and negotiator
- Be completely customer-focused and enthused about education
- Have a sense of humour.
How to apply
View the job information pack* (link needs to be added), fill in the application form* ( for the relevant role, and send it to [email protected].
We’ll then review your CV and covering letter. If we want to take your application further, we’ll invite you to attend an interview either face-to-face or by Skype or telephone.
If you start an EQA role with us, we’ll give you a full induction, and standardisation and qualification activities to complete. You’ll be in contact with other EQAs in your team, so you’ll be able to share best practice, ask questions and discuss any challenges you may be facing.
We have a number of vacancies in the below subject areas and locations. These roles need a minimum commitment of two days a week to NCFE. You’ll be home-based as you support the providers in the specified region, but it’s important that you live in the region of the role you’re applying for, and that you’re able to travel across the area.
- Arts and Media – South West / South East
- Prep for Life and Work – South Wales
- Retail and Commercial Enterprise: North West / Greater London
We’re currently recruiting for Examiners for the following qualifications:
- NCFE Level 1/2 Technical Award in Engineering Studies
- NCFE Level 1 Technical Award in Interactive Media
- NCFE Level 2 Technical Award in Interactive Media
- NCFE Level 1 Technical Award in Graphic Design
- NCFE Level 2 Technical Award in Graphic Design
- Functional Skills Maths
- Multiple Health and Social Care Qualifications
We’re always looking to hear from anyone wishing to join our examining team. While some subjects may have more demand for Examiners than others, we’ll gladly accept applications from potential Examiners for any NCFE or CACHE qualifications.
How to apply
View the full job description*(description needs to be added) and then complete the application form* (application form needs to be added). Please send your completed application form to [email protected], including the details of all subjects you wish to be considered for and have occupational competence in. We’ll be in touch within five working days.
The subjects that we are open to receiving applications for are:
- Art & Design
- Business & Enterprise
- Children & Young People
- Early Years Educator
- Food & Cookery
- Graphic Design
- Health & Fitness
- Health & Social Care
- Interactive Media
- Music Technology
- Performance Skills
Assessment Associate roles
The role of an Assessment Associate
Our Assessment Associates write, review and scrutinise external assessments for a variety of subject areas. You’ll be required to produce and review external assessment content (question papers/tasks and mark schemes) that meet externally set criteria, and NCFE qualification and assessment specification requirements.
Who we’re looking for
We're looking for Assessment Associates who:
- Have experience in teaching or assessing one of the subjects we’re recruiting for, or have recent relevant industry experience
- Ideally have experience of writing and/or reviewing external assessment content (question papers/tasks and mark schemes) for GCSE/A Level or equivalent/related qualifications (although this is not an essential requirement).
How to apply
We’re not currently recruiting for this role, but if you’re interested then please email [email protected] with the email subject line: 'Interested in Assessment Associate role'. We’ll contact you when we start recruiting again.
We use Assessment Associates in the following subject areas:
- Childcare and Education:
Mentoring Students in Further and Higher Education
Supporting the Adult Nursing Team
Supporting the Midwifery Team
Supporting the Theatre Team
Supporting the Mental Health Team
Supporting the care of Children and Young People
Supporting Therapy Teams
- Healthcare Science:
Technical: Optical Care Services
Assisting with Healthcare Sciences
Dental Technical Services
Technical: Prosthetic and Orthotic services
Technical: Laboratory Sciences
Technical: Food Sciences
Technical: Animal Sciences
- Essential Digital Skills
- Technical Digital:
- Health and Social Care
- Child Development and Care
- Business and Enterprise
- Interactive media
- Graphic Design
- Health and Fitness